Friday, November 15, 2019

Book the way to my heart!

Sometimes I stumble across a book(s) that no doubt leave an imprint on my heart. It could be years later and yet I still think about the book as if it really happened to me. In some cases, the characters might as well be real because in hindsight, they are me. And I am them. Pain that I have struggled through with no outlet, has somehow been made easier through the written word. I'm going to show you a couple of books that not only helped me inadvertently but ones that I feel don't get enough attention. They should receive ALL the attention, if I'm being honest. Then again I may be a little bit biased ;)

If I Break series by Portia Moore
There aren't enough words in the whole entire universe where I could actively give these books justice. The first book starts off with a bang and already the reader has an idea about where the story is going. Hell, I could bet my whole life on what I knew was going on. But...I was so WRONG!!! Like 100% wrong and I never saw anything coming. The angst levels are high, so be prepared for a long rollercoaster of a ride. I cannot recommend this enough.




Blurb:
When I met Cal Scott, I knew he’d be a distraction.

At six-foot-two, with ebony hair, deep gray eyes, and a smile that could only hide an agenda, I knew he was trouble. And for the first time in my life, a little trouble was just what I needed.

No. What I wanted.

It wasn’t like I’d ever marry the guy.
Until I did.

What I thought would be my happily ever after, was only the beginning. Cal has a secret. One that makes loving him come with a price, and being his wife cost more than I bargained for.




Blurb:
Lauren Brooks fell in love with Cal Scott at 21, married him at 22 and had her heart broken at 23 when he walked out of their marriage. At 25, though raising his daughter on her own, Lauren was finally moving on with her life. Until, she learned the reason for Cal's abandonment, the walls she’d carefully built around her collapsed..

The day she meets Chris, all those feelings she thought she had bottled up come spilling out. She can’t afford to give into her heart’s desire again. Love nearly broke her once, and her daughter doesn't need two broken parents.

Christopher Scott is in love, newly engaged to Jenna, who saw him through an illness he didn’t think he could survive. He’s finally settling into the life he’s always wanted, making plans he only dared to dream before now.

Until, a woman named Lauren arrives on his doorstep.

She’s intriguing, beautiful and, try as he might, he can’t stay away. The closer he gets to her, the more his rock-solid plans begin to crumble. All he knows is that Lauren is the missing piece to a puzzle he must solve. For him to put all the pieces in place, he’ll have to follow his heart, and that might cost him everything...




Blurb:
The conclusion to the If I Break Series.

Cal’s back and his arrival changes everything.

Lauren knew it was coming but what she didn’t think he’d bring with him was an ultimatum.

A choice.

One that Lauren feels trapped under. A choice she’s unsure will make a difference but could possibly change everything.

The ultimatum isn’t the only thing Cal’s got with him but answers. The ones Lauren so desperately craves. But the truth won’t only affect the lives of he and Lauren but everyone around them…and not everyone wants the truth to come out.

The good thing is Cal doesn’t give a F…

…There's two sides to every story. In this one there’s three.




Blurb:
When you’re heartbroken, it lies beneath everything that you do. It’s in all of who you are. Foreshadows who you’ll be.

It hides underneath your smile, rests between your laugh, revels in your tears and taunts your every thought. You wish it away but are too terrified to let it go….

When Cal first disappeared I swore my heart had broken, and before all of this is over I swear it will shatter into pieces.


The First Trilogy by E.L. Todd

For these books, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed them. I thought it was different because I had never read another story line quite like it. I don't want to give too much away but I definitely recommend because I liked the hero a whole lot!




Blurb:
The man I hate lives next door.

He must have just moved in, even though I never saw the moving truck.

He's just as arrogant as I remember, mowing the lawn without a shirt and grinning like an idiot. When he catches me staring at him through the window, he winks.

So cocky.

He flirts with me like he never broke my heart.

And then he tells me something that I just can't believe.

We're married.



Blurb:
I can't believe this is real.

I've lost years of my life, years of memories.

He tells me we've been happily married for years, but I despise him so much that I can't believe that.

How did he get me to fall in love with him the first time?

And how does he expect to do it a second time?



Blurb:
He won't let me date anyone because he's the biggest cockblock in the world.

He still calls me his wife even though I don't remember our wedding day.

He said he'll never give up on me. Not now. Not ever.

Somehow, I forgave him for what he did in the past. But I'm not sure if I can do it again.

But he's not giving me much choice.


There you have it! These books are pretty awesome and I love them to pieces. Years later and I still think about them. What books are unique or different to you? Let me know in the comments below! I would love to chat <3
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig