Friday, November 6, 2015

I Love My Hair by Andrea Pippins!!

For fans of Johanna Basford’s Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest comes a hip, gorgeous doodle coloring book about all things hair. Unlike other adult coloring books, which depict nature scenes and cityscapes, this title celebrates strong, confident women with a passion for style, design, and fashion.

Revel in the mesmerizing patterns and intricate details of Andrea Pippins’s delicate pen-and-ink illustrations, ready for you to color, complete, and embellish. Lose yourself in page after page of bold hairstyles and accessories, from rows of braids, to Mohawks, to sweeping updos, to cascades of ribbons and beads. Be transported to another world as you ink in Medusa’s slithering coiffure, Cleopatra’s elaborate headdress, and Marie Antoinette’s towering bouffant.

Perfect for experienced color-inners and newcomers alike. Coloring enthusiasts of all ages will love this empowering and stylish book. So go ahead—let your hair down, grab some pens or pencils, and add some color to your life.
 

Buy Link:


(Click on picture)
Review:
 How many of us wish we could have one more day (maybe more) as a child. No responsibilities, no bills, no being a grow up! Sounds good right? Too bad, it can't really happen. There's a reason they say 'enjoy it while you can'...seriously. I wish I had listened. What if I told you there's a way to gain back that childhood pastime - coloring. Look no further because the next big thing is adult coloring books, and yes...they are as fun as they look.

Actually, scratch that...they are more! Need to distress? Coloring, I hear can be quite therapeutic. Put down that phone, stop getting a Facebook! Color. I <3 My Hair is a gorgeous book filled with wonderful sketches that will keep you occupied for hours. I know because I've done it. Hm...guess the question is jeopardy is whether or not I love my hair. 

Well, sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I'm currently trying to grow it out to my belly button. Don't ask me why my belly button, that's just where I've always wanted it! Recently I started taking tutorials on YouTube on how to do different hairstyles. I'm kind of boring in either leaving my hair down & straight, or in a messy bun that's supposed to be cute but isn't. 

Eventually, I'll get there! What about you? Do YOU love your hair. Please let us know your beauty secrets involving your hair! And while you're at it, make sure you get your copy of the coloring book. I'm not joking when I say it's freaking gorgeous. 

*Beautiful coloring book given to me for an honest review. It was my pleasure coloring!
 
 

I LOVE MY HAIR (on sale November 10, 2015) by designer Andrea Pippins is a fabulous new adult coloring book from Schwartz & Wade Books thatcelebrates strong, confident women and explores how beautifully diverse, stylish, innovative, and fun all types of hair can be.

Featuring bold hairstyles and accessories, from rows of braids, to Mohawks, to sweeping updos, to cascades of ribbons and beads, I LOVE MY HAIR is filled with Andrea Pippins’s delicate pen-and-ink illustrations, ready to color, complete, and embellish. Coloring enthusiasts of all ages will love this empowering and stylish book.

ANDREA PIPPINS is an artist, a designer, and an educator with a penchant for cool and a personality as warm as her Brazilian roots. Her work can be seen in magazines and on television as well as on clothing and stationery. Andrea teaches at the Maryland Institute College of Art and curates her fashion, art, and design blog, Fly, a weekly resource to inspire young women to pursue their creative passions. She also produces digital and screen-printed artwork in which she explores color, pattern, and texture while interpreting her personal experiences as an African American woman. Andrea lives in Baltimore. This is her first book. Learn more at andreapippins.comand follow her on Twitter at @andreagpippins.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig