Friday, November 29, 2013

Review:
Sanctuary of Mine by S. Pratt

BannerFans.com

THIS IS A NEW ADULT NOVEL. RECOMMENDED FOR 17+ YEARS DUE TO SEXUAL CONTENT AND SOCIAL SITUATIONS

When you see someone who looks like they need saving, you save them right?

Mackenzie Deeks is struggling. Outwardly she plays the tough guy and acts like being a young adult with an eating disorder is no big deal. Inside, she's crumbling.

Ever since her parents’ divorce, the only way she has been able to feel in control of her life is by purging the despair that has its grips on her and won't let go.

Tyler Redding knows when someone needs help - he's seen it before. This time, though, he's not going to take no for an answer. From the moment he first sets his sights on Mackenzie, he's unable to think of anyone else. But how can he focus on a football career when all he wants to do is date the most unassuming person he's ever met?

As their lives become intricately entwined, it becomes more than wishful thinking when Mackenzie and Tyler find each other again as adults. With successful careers, a beachside lifestyle and each other’s love to contend with, life should be pretty damn good. But just when they think they’ve found their wonderful kind of normal, their perfect world comes crashing down.

It’s going to take a lot to keep Mackenzie from succumbing to old habits, but Tyler thinks he might just be the one to save her for good.

Buy Here: Amazon,
BannerFans.com

This book had the potential to be great, it really did. However, it fell a little short in my opinion.

Mackenzie’s life fell apart when her parents divorced, and the only thing she can really control is if she eats, and how much. Her eating disorder is very real, and it’s very consuming. If you’ve ever wondered exactly what goes on in a person’s head as they battle this disease, then you’ll discover a bit of it in this book. I was glad to see an author address this issue in the way that she had.

I did feel like the character relations were a bit rushed. Here’s a girl who spent so much time alone and avoiding people, that when Levi and Tyler came into the picture, I felt like they were let in a little too easily. Am I being nitpicky? Perhaps. I just know that it didn’t feel natural to me. And that’s not saying that I don’t like their characters, because I do. Tyler is a sweetie.

Overall, I give this book a 3 star rating because I was able to finish it. The story was good, but I would have liked to have felt more of a connection to the characters themselves. They were, at times, bland and a bit on the boring side. I think that’s the biggest issue that I have with the story, but I implore you to read it and see what you think.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig