Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Gates by Rachael Wade

The Gates
Summary:

Paranormal Fantasy Romance

Getting There is Half the Battle...

Armed with more unsettling knowledge about Gavin Devereaux and her circle of friends, Camille Hart is faced with new adversities and lethal propositions when she returns to the Amaranth exile to carry out Gavin’s risky crusade.

Realizing her journey through the bayou was only the beginning of her struggle to stay with Gavin, she finds that leaving her Louisiana home is the least of her worries. New evils await her on the other side, and as she and her friends press on with their mission, they are confronted with the reality that everything doesn't always go according to plan.

As secrets unfold and alliances are formed and broken, only the strongest will survive and the power of love will be tested when a war between witches, humans, and vampires erupts into an all-out power struggle and all is on the verge of being lost.

My Review-    So looks like I didn't have to wait until April! Wow I must say that was even better than the first. I do not want to give anything away considering it doesn't come out until April, but by golly that was good. There is a bunch of action and a BUNCH of love. Paranormal romance has taken over my heart and soul. There is something about being in love with a being that isn't human that is appealing to me and many others.
    Wade really has done it again with the second installment to The Resistance Trilogy. Her intake on vampires is different and believable. I love it. Not only are there vamps, but also witches. Witches are becoming fun to read about! Not only is there witchy magic but there is also some voodoo and girls you love to hate...or hate to love. Depending on how you look at it.
    The twists in the book are as surprising as ever. I felt my mouth dropping a few times and thinking to myself how I hadn't seen it before. I WANT TO TELL YOU but then I would be giving stuff away and I don't want to be the spoiler queen, so please when it comes out read it for yourself. And if you have not read the first one, go look at my review and then read that one!
     Betrayal plays a big role in The Gates. I am not a fan of betrayal, but we all have done it at least once in our lives. I have done it and I have hurt people I love along the way, but the best you can do is learn from it. I HOPE that the person who was the biggest jerk/jerkette in The Gates gets what comes to him/her(coughHERcough). Hahaha
     Gavin and Camille never seize to amaze me. Their relationship is true and honest. In The Gates, their love will get tested. And oh it made me mad but that's all I'll give away!
    I wanted to thank the Shut up & Reads Group on Goodreads and Rachael for letting us have early copies of the book. I am truly honored and I am so glad I was lucky enough to receive it along with many others. Once the book is out, I will be adding on to this review. There is so much I would love to say but I won't because I don't want to ruin anything for any of you.

Until next time my Lovelies:)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig