Friday, April 11, 2014

Review: Room 212 by Kate Stewart



                                     
Synopsis:
In every life there is always that...one.

Twenty-one year old Laura Sedgwick is a rebel without a cause. Her only plans for life are to make no plans. She revels in her fascination of the unexpected as she navigates her way through mid -1990’s Dallas nightlife. One very bad night brings her face to face with the one man likely to change her mind about…well...everything.

Twenty-three year old Seth Whitaker has every intention of seeing through with his well mapped out life. He is a hard working over-achiever that has no intentions of slowing his pace for anyone. With a fierce determination to not let life pass him by without taking a huge bite, he finds himself inexplicably drawn to the one distraction that could keep him from his best laid plans. Little did he know his determination to keep his life on track would be the very thing to trigger the events that change the course of both their lives.


In this life she had only done one thing right...

and she was his only chance at salvation.

        

Review:
6/5 stars

Room 212 so deserves all the stars I've given it. I was recommended this book and bought it without reading the synopsis. I went into it blind. 

Wow. 

The prologue sucked me in and squeezed the life out of me. I gave my heart willingly such as the main character, Laura. 

Laura is a bitch. She doesn't take shit from anyone and she likes it that way. That is until she meets Seth. 

The book tells us the story of how Laura met the charming Seth, and how her life was forever changed the moment he 
hit her with a frisbee in the face! Yes. You read that right. He. Hit. Her. With. A. Frisbee. How rude!

"Look I'm really sorry... Uh, what's your name?"

"Mad bitch with a busted lip."

Obviously the poor guy didn't mean it but still. That scene was hilarious and the beautiful start to a roller coaster of a relationship. 

When I say roller coaster I mean that as a HUGE understatement. My emotions were all over the 
place. One minute I wanted to slap a ho, the next I was giggling like a maniac, then I was trying hard not to rip my heart out of my chest, oh and feeling as if I had to take a cold shower in the middle of my lunch break(not good) and THEN out of no where I would get so lost in the book that I felt as if I were part of the story itself. That's a lot of said 
emotions. 

Kate has mad skills. It gives me chills to think about Seth. He is the epitome of the perfect male. In my opinion anyway. He is a charming smartass who knows how to love a woman in all kinds of ways. All kinds of ways.

The sexy scenes. Maybe I should just say buy the book and read the sex scenes yourselves? Who can go wrong with 


really great sex scenes? They were flippin awesome. Hello, remember I needed a cold shower at work? 

I love Room 212, I adore the characters, I wept at the pain they had to endure. But you know what? It was all worth it. Every single last bit of heart ache was worth it. 

Take a chance on Room 212, you may find your next favorite read<3

      

  About Author:
Kate Stewart, a native of Dallas, now resides in Charleston, S.C. She moved to the city three weeks 
after her first visit, dropping her career of 8 years, declaring the city her creative muse. Since her move in 2010, she has launched a photography and event planning business as well as written her first novel, TITAN. She lives with her husband of 7 years, Nick, who is featured on the cover of the novel. Her second novel Room 212 is set to publish March 2014.

Contact Kate- authorkatestewart@gmail.com
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/authorkatest...

Twitter- @authorklstewart
Buy Links: ROOM 212 IS LIVE!!!! 
Barnes & Noble for Nook http://t.co/cMLNgn9OTo  
Amazon for Kindle- http://t.co/l8uzmjTaIq

                

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig