Sunday, March 1, 2015

Release Day Blitz feat Review: The Design by R.S. Grey


Title: The Design
Author: R.S. Grey
Release Date: March 1, 2015
 
Find on Goodreads
Five minutes until the interview begins.

Fresh on the heels of her college graduation, Cameron Heart has landed an interview at a prestigious architecture firm.
Four minutes until the interview. 
She knows she’s only there because the owner, Grayson Cole, is her older sister’s friend.
Three minutes. 
For the last seven years, Grayson has been the most intimidating man Cammie has ever had the pleasure, or displeasure, of being around.
Two Minutes. 
But the job opportunity is too good to pass up. So, Cammie will have to ignore the fact that Grayson is handsome enough to have his own national holiday. 
One. 
After all, she shouldn’t feel that way about her new boss. And, he will be her new boss.
“I’m not scared of you,” I said with a confident smile.
“Perhaps we should fix that, Ms. Heart. Close the door.”

Review:

"Nothing makes you love someone like the shadow of an impending goodbye."

Okay, so here's the deal. I LOVED The Duet and I honestly didn't think anything could top it. It's kinda the way I felt when I read Scoring Wilder, and so on and so on. My point is, is that each book gets better and better. I can't possibly see how I could love Grey's characters more than the last but she has found a way to make me do just that. I had butterflies all while reading the book. BUTTERFLIES, people! Who even has those anymore? I'll tell ya, I do! Grayson. Sigh... He's so broody and hot! I freaken love him so much. And Cammie? Yeah, I've loved that girl since the very beginning. The relationship between Brooklyn and her is amazing. Which brings up the fact that I was so happy that we got to see Brook & Jason. They're such a great couple and I'm glad everything is going well for them. If you're just tuning into the books, while this is a standalone, I highly recommend reading the first book!

"Despite my best efforts to rid myself of it, I've always felt an attraction to you, Cameron. I've ignored that desire mainly because you're too young for me. Now, it's more inappropriate than ever."

Cammie has always been in love with Grayson Cole. And why wouldn't she be? He's hot, ambitious, and totally mysterious. In my eyes anyways. So when Cammie gets the job at his firm, she decides she's going to make it her personal goal to seduce Grayson, even though he told her straight up there won't be any "fun" happening since he was her boss. Well... There's nothing a girl wants more than something she can't have. After all, Cammie's end goal is to pay for her way to live in Paris. She needs to gain her independence away from her sister's shadow and the only way she feels like she can do that is by moving across the world. I could totally see her reasoning in that! 

Anyways, Grayson isn't as easy to break as she thought he would be but Cammie loves a challenge. On top of that, Cammie's supervisor is a grade-A dick. No joke. And she may or may not have a two faced friend/roommate. But only maybe. Some of the secondary characters I really did enjoy reading about. There was something so real about them.

"I like playing with fire," he said, meeting my eye in the mirror. And I don't have any intention of stopping."

So the sexy times. All I gotta say is HOLY STAIRCASE/BATHROOM scenes! The sex scenes were scorching hotttttttt. I mean come on, did you just see that quote I put up? I would have loved to see some more of Grayson's dirty mouth. Does that make me a perv? Oh well.

I love R.S. Grey's writing, you can totally see her personality shine through. The story is both witty and fun; her signature trait. Overall, I'm in love with this book and I'm so sad that it's over. I want more Grayson, dammit! Hah. Anyways, if you're looking for a fun read, this is the one for you!

"He was the Mr. Darcy to my Elizabeth Bennet, the Prince Charming to my Cinderella, and most importantly, the Ron Weasley to my Hermione Granger." 

I paused just outside of the front doors and took a deep breath, trying to get my bearings. I was twenty minutes early for my interview. My outfit was still wrinkle-free. My pad-folio was filled with extra copies of my resume and reference letters, and I’d rehearsed every possible question that Grayson Cole would ask:
Greatest weakness? My inability to settle for anything less than what I deserve. I’m stubborn and persistent.
The honest answer? My inability to overcome my schoolgirl crush on you even though you’re a self-righteous ass.
I would NOT be giving him the honest answer.
I am a lover of books, chocolate, reality TV, black labs, and cold weather. Seriously, if I had it my way, I would be curled up on the couch with all of those things... everyday.
I live in Texas where I spend my free time writing and reading. My favorite authors include Mindy Kaling & Jonathan Safran Foer. I'm a comedy geek and love all things "funny". Women like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling are definitely the biggest inspirations for my writing, though I think my work tends to skew a bit smuttier than theirs.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig