Sunday, June 24, 2012

Such A Rush Review by @JenniferEchols

Goodread Summary:
A sexy and poignant romantic tale of a young daredevil pilot caught between two brothers.

High school senior Leah Jones loves nothing more than flying. While she’s in the air, it’s easy to forget life with her absentee mother at the low-rent end of a South Carolina beach town. When her flight instructor, Mr. Hall, hires her to fly for his banner advertising business, she sees it as her ticket out of the trailer park. And when he dies suddenly, she’s afraid her flying career is gone forever.    

But Mr. Hall’s teenage sons, golden boy Alec and adrenaline junkie Grayson, are determined to keep the banner planes flying. Though Leah has crushed on Grayson for years, she’s leery of getting involved in what now seems like a doomed business — until Grayson betrays her by digging up her most damning secret. Holding it over her head, he forces her to fly for secret reasons of his own, reasons involving Alec. Now Leah finds herself drawn into a battle between brothers — and the consequences could be deadly.


My Thoughts:
Wow, that was amazing, was my first thoughts after finishing Such a Rush. I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of the book and I waited a couple of weeks before I read it. After reading the book I went on to buy three more books from Echols and I have not been disappointed yet. Her stories make you fall in love and I love falling in love! Jennifer Echols is one of my new favorite authors.

Such a Rush...was, okay I am going to be corny, it was such a rush. Leah works at an airport as a receptionist. But she wants more, she wants to become a pilot. Now when I first got the book in the mail, I honestly was not too excited. Airplanes and the career of being a pilot are of no interest to me what so ever. Of course I had not read Echols yet, so I had no idea how addicting her books coud be. 


Let's just say, piloting does not seem so bad anymore. I would never do it because my number one fear is heights but it is still cool that Leah is pilot.
 Leah is from a home where she has to take care of herself and her mother. In my opinion, her mother is a loser and I feel bad for Leah. I hate crappy parents. I have great parents, so I guess I just assume all of them are like that. But I know not all parents are great and it makes me a little bit sad.


I fell in love with the characters, every single one of them. Grayson and Molly were the only ones who got on my nerves every now and then. I just wanted to shake them at times! Alec was so sweet and Leah was a strong, independent woman. Grayson and Alec are definitely book boyfriend material.


The romance made me swoon. I am not even kidding. I would be reading and then out of no where I would be smiling real big. I LOVED it. With two beautiful boys who want you, what is there not to like about that? Okay so I admit SOME love triangles are okay. This one for instance between Grayson and Alec and Leah. 

I read The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy in one day last week. The love triangle in that book broke my heart and I was a blue for about a day because of it. Love triangles like that always remind me of why I hate them so much. Maybe it was because it hit too close to home with being with the wrong person. If you have not yet read those books, don't take my opinion on the love triangle too seriously. The books were amazing, they really were. It was real and beautiful.

But I PROMISE you will not get that kind of love triangle in Such A Rush! In fact there is a big twist.
I am gonna end on that note:)

Such A Rush comes out July 10 in bookstores near you. Don't hesitate to buy it because you will ot be disappointed! Those of you who have read Jennifers works before and loved her, this book is for you. I promise you it is fantastic!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Lovely Books. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig